We just released a big change in the HawkAlerts platform. New operations!
No… not that kind. Alert operations!
These took us a while to develop and test (since some are proprietary algorithms) but they are all available now!
Here’s a quick rundown:
- Support – This will calculate and populate the first level support (symbols only). Sometimes the price is already below the support if there are drastic price moves so don’t be surprised if the functionality isn’t always available
- Resistance – Similar to support, this will populate the first level resistance (again, symbols only). If the price is already above the resistance level, we won’t be able to create this alert since this would automatically trigger
- Trailing Stop % – This will alert if the price drops below a certain threshold (defined by you) from the most recent high
- 50 Day Moving Average – This type of alert will trigger if the symbol price is crossing the 50 day moving average
- 200 Day Moving Average – This type of alert will trigger if the symbol price is crossing the 200 day moving average
We have also added new functionality called threshold for operations in which it would make sense. For example, with the 52-week high operation, you can set a threshold of 5% so the platform will alert you when the symbol price is within 5% of its 52-week high.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or see any issues: firstname.lastname@example.org