The Ultimate Alerting and News Platform
The only tool you need to track your stocks and crypto coins
Why We Love Billions
by cgonzalez at 11:24 am on September 4, 2019
If you haven't started watching yet, I can't recommend this show enough. Showtime crushed it and if you're into the market (stocks etc.) you will be hooked.
While I was watching, I captured as many of the awesome quotes and "lessons" I picked up.
If I missed any, please feel free to let me know and I will add them. So, without further ado...
My Favorite Billions Quotes
- "I am not uncertain"
- "He's willing to look foolish short term to win long term"
- "He knows his customer and sets him up"
- "If you put a police car on anyone for 500 miles they're gonna get a ticket"
- "Hutch 1 starts it; Hutch 2 grows it; Hutch 3 blows it"
- "Never change the recipe"
- "Want to squeeze someone? Affect their lives. Tee times, spa days"
- "You always want a seat at the table"
- "Why work so hard if you can't do what you want, when you want?"
- Never trust people who say they'll "do their best". They jailed that farmer after he thought he had a deal. Always get it in writing
- Worrying about something guarantees you're feeling the pain at least once; if there's no worry, then there's no pain
- Swap your toll device with someone else if you're on the run
- All big funds use satellites. How many cars in a Walmart parking lot tell how good of a quarter they're going to have
- "You get one life, so do it all"
- "Everything that's meant to happen, always does"
- "We didn't understand what we were doing and we almost lost everything"
- Master to student: If you tell me the stick is real, I will beat you with it. If you tell me the stick isn't real, I will beat you with it. If you say nothing, I will beat you with it
So, the student reaches out and breaks the stick. If a situation isn't winnable, you break the f***ing stick
- Friendships should stay clean. Never let business get in between
- "My vengeance will come like I do. Slow. Thunderous. And in your eye"
Did I miss any? Let me know at email@example.com
Ready to start using the best market alerting & news platform?
No Credit Card Required